Registration is now open for AWS’s biggest Media & Entertainment event of the year – the AWS M&E Symposium in Los Angeles – held at the Skirball Center in LA on June 18.
AWS customers, including Netflix, the NFL, CBS, and Hallmark, will walk through some bleeding-edge use cases including integration of artificial intelligence and analytics for live and video-on-demand workflows, personalization at massive scale, and media archive monetization strategies. We will close the day with a unique keynote from the AWS Telco team around the AWS perspective on 5G for Hollywood – going beyond buzzwords and into real implications of this emerging technology for how content is created all the way through how it’s distributed and consumed by audiences.
Additionally, new this year we are including developer tracks bringing hands-on-keyboard workshops walking through studio in the cloud, machine learning for media, and media services. This is a great opportunity for engineers and developers to learn from and ask questions to AWS M&E-specialist solution architects.
Tentative Agenda – subject to change
- Live Nation: Lessons from a Cloud Migration
- Jake Burns, Enterprise Strategist, AWS
- NFL Media: Using AI for Automated Metadata Extraction
- Brad Boim, Sr. Director of Post Production & Asset Management, NFL Media
- Netflix: Media Processing @ Scale
- Vinod Viswanathan, Director of Media Pipeline Engineering, Netflix
- CBS: Migrating Media Workloads to the Cloud (title to be finalized)
- Jamie Duemo, VP of Multiplatform Distribution, CBS
- NHRA + Sony: Building Experiences for Hyper Engaged Fans
- Learn how the NHRA brings its fans closer to the action by live streaming all of its drag races and moving its archive and editorial workflow to the cloud using Sony’s Intelligent Media Services and Amazon Web Services. We’ll explore the design considerations for streaming live events, enriching content in real time and rapidly building new advertising and subscription-based video on demand services.
- Hallmark: Direct-to-Consumer VOD – The Impact of Digital Transformation
- Deluxe: From Pitch to Playout: Best Practices from Building a Modern Enterprise Cloud Based Supply Chain
- Kon Wilms, SVP of Cloud, Deluxe Entertainment
- Usman Shakeel, Global Tech Lead for M&E, AWS
- Golden Boy Promotions + Veritone: Smart Media Asset Management for Production and Archive
- 5G for Hollywood: The AWS Perspective
- D Dehghanpisheh, Global Tech Lead for Telco, AWS
Studio in the Cloud & Machine Learning for Media Workshop Track
- Building Highly Scalable Storage for On-Prem and In- Cloud Artist Workstations
- Building a Live Trivia Mobile App Using AWS AppSync, AWS Amplify, and AWS Media Services – PART 1
- Building a Live Trivia Mobile App Using AWS AppSync, AWS Amplify, and AWS Media Services – PART 2
- Enhancing Media Workflows with Machine Learning
AWS Media Services Hands-on Labs Workshop Track
- Building a Live Video Channel with AWS Elemental MediaLive and AWS Elemental MediaPackage
- Building a Live Video Channel with AWS Elemental MediaLive and AWS Elemental MediaStore
- Video on demand with AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- Monetizing a Live Stream with AWS Elemental MediaLive, AWS Elemental MediaPackage, and AWS Elemental MediaTailor
- Session TBD
from AWS Media Blog